A large update to Adobe’s Creative Cloud has been released, including new and improved features for Premiere Pro, After Effects and more.
Creative Cloud Overview
The details for the individual pro video applications are below. For more on each one (and there is a lot!) click the app logo or name.
- Apple Metal GPU supported by Mercury Playback Engine (Initial support – some effects not currently supported)
- Native decode (i.e. no QuickTime installation required) on Windows of Apple ProRes
- Improvements to MorphCut face detection and tracking
- H264 playback GPU acceleration (Windows platform with Intel IRIS chipsets only)
Enhancements to the editing experience
- Import, edit, and create Open Captions (subtitles), including options for font, size, position, color, weight, background color and background opacity
- In-application licensing of Adobe Stock assets from Project Panel or Timeline
- New badge in Project Panel for unlicensed stock assets
- Support for Arabic and Hebrew languages in the Titler
- Timeline auto scroll when range selecting
- Much more!
New and improved format support
- AS-10 export
- Direct export to XDCAM HD disc
- HEVC 10-bit export
- Improvements to J2K export (24p and 30p now supported)
- Panasonic AVC-LongG export
- Much more!
New After Effects Features:
- Enhanced video and audio playback: After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8) uses a new playback architecture to deliver real-time playback of cached frames with synced audio. The new architecture is shared with other Adobe applications, like Premiere Pro and Audition.
- Effect rendering on the GPU: The Lumetri Color, Gaussian Blur, and Sharpen effects can now render using your computer’s GPU. This improves rendering performance for these effects by 2x-4x over rendering using only the CPU (depending on the frame being rendered and the speed of your GPU). GPU effect rendering is controlled via the new Video Rendering and Effects option in the Project Settings dialog.
- Performance improvements: Many small changes under the hood include faster import and caching of image sequences, asynchronous drawing of viewer panels, faster opening of large projects, improved expression caching, and more.
- Additional native format support: Apple ProRes QuickTime files can be decoded on Windows without needing QuickTime installed on the system. RED camera raw file decoding now supports RED Scarlet-W, Raven, and Weapon cameras, including 8K .r3d footage.
- Lumetri Color effect improvements: The Lumetri Color effect can now render using your computer’s GPU, and includes new HSL Secondary controls and new SpeedLooks presets.
- And even more: Many additional small improvements, such as a Swap Colors button in the Tint effect, refinements to project auto-save, and many bug fixes.
- New Essential Sound panel: assign mix types to their clips, identifying the role each clip plays in the project such as Dialogue or Sound Effects.
- Export with Adobe Media Encoder directly from the timeline.
- new audio tracks can be merged with an existing video with no additional encoding with re-wrapping support
- channel presets enable you to easily conform to station requirements
- Projects appear in Media Encoders render queue and enable you to start on the next project in Premiere or Audition without waiting.
- Much more!
There’s even more to this update, with new features for Adobe’s Character Animator, Premiere Pro Clip and so much more. For more information visit Blogs.Adobe.com/CreativeCloud