The Creative Pro User Group (CPUG) Network have announced the agenda for the Fifteenth Annual Las Vegas SuperMeet to take place on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 in the Pavilion Ballroom at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas Nevada. Doors open at 4:30PM with the “SuperMeet Digital Showcase,” featuring over 25 software and hardware developers. Presentations will begin at 7:00PM and continue until 11:00PM. Tickets are on sale online only for the price of $15.00 each plus ticket fee and $10.00 for students and Teachers with valid student ID.
The Las Vegas SuperMeet promises to be the single largest gathering of Final Cut Pro, Adobe, Avid and DaVinci Resolve editors, gurus, digital filmmakers and content creators during the 2016 NAB Show. It is expected this SuperMeet will sell out as historically every Las Vegas SuperMeet sells out.
Scheduled to appear on stage (subject to change):
- Colorist Alexis Van Hurkman will take the stage once again to show off brand new features in Blackmagic Design’s Davinci Resolve coloring software.
- HP/NVIDIA will present Academy Award-winning VFX Supervisor Rob Legato who will talk about one of the most technologically advanced films ever made – The Jungle Book. Rob will share the secrets of his creative process that helped him and his team reinvent the film production pipeline. He will be joined on stage by Jeff Wood, VP of HP’s Personal Systems.
- Al Mooney returns to the SuperMeet stage for Adobe and will show you how to create visually stunning videos faster with industry-leading video and audio apps, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder. OWC will also present.
- The second half of the show will be devoted entirely to VR and 360 video. Futurist Ted Schilowitz will introduce us to VR/360 Video and then act as the “ring master” for the remaining presentations.
- Csillia Kozma of Nokia will take us on a tour of the brand new just shipping Ozo Virtual Reality camera.
- Following Csillia will be John Hendicott from Auriella Soundworks who will show us location capture techniques including ambiences, dialogue, impulse responses and spot FX for 3D sound.
- Alex Gollner will show how any editing application can be used to finish an immersive 360 video production. He will also demonstrate the advantages of adding specialized plugins to make 360 video films better.
In addition to the presentations, there will be short videos from Atomos, Red Giant, FXFactory Wipster and Symply, Inc.
Doors will open at 4:30 for the SuperMeet Digital Showcase featuring over 25 software and hardware developers including Adobe, Blackmagic Design, HP | NVIDIA, OWC, Nokia, Atomos, FX Factory, Red Giant, Wipster, Avid, B&H Photo, CoreMelt, The Foundry, Future Media Concepts, HHDisk, KeyFlow Pro, Mettle, PremiumBeat BorisFX, Digital Anarchy, Editstock, GenArts, G-Tech, Future Media Concepts, HDDisk, fayteq, Genarts, LumaForge Mocha, Maxon Pond5, RE:Vision Effects, RocketStock, Switcher StudioS and Telestream. Here, attendees can enjoy a few cocktails, mingle and party with industry peers, network one on one with leading manufacturers and learn about the latest trends in collaborative editing workflows for post production and broadcast markets.
Rounding out the evening will be the always wild and crazy “World Famous Raffle” where tens of thousands worth of valuable prizes will be handed out to dozens of lucky winners, including Cameras, Hard Drives, Software and more. For complete details on the SuperMeet including driving and transit directions, a current list of raffle prizes and how to purchase tickets, visit the SuperMeet website.
For more information or to register, go to the website at Supermeet.com