Atomos has released a major update for their Shogun and Ninja Assassin Recorders, adding their AtomHDR feature to both devices.
- AtomHDR is now available on Shogun
- HDR monitoring is supported on log cameras from Sony, Canon, Arri, Panasonic, JVC and RED.
- Improvements have been made to colour gamut accuracy.
- Improvements to accuracy and resolution in blacks when using AtomHDR mode.
- A visual improvement has been made to the AtomHDR slider for easier access.
- While in AtomHDR mode, a simplified HDR waveform line has been added to easily set the correct slider position for the dynamic range of the scene.
- AtomHDR includes options for WFM Auto which automatically sets the HDR level for the current sceneâ€™s max brightness and WFM HDR which scales the WFM to view the HDR range to the full height of the WFM.
- The waveform monitor will now display a percentage scale based on the input log mode.
- Slow motion is now available in playback mode. Pausing video playback will automatically display the slider above playback controls and give you access to forward and reverse speed adjustments.
- Fixed an issue where some files exported from NLE’s did not play audio.
- Fixed an issue where waveform monitor graticules were not visible with some menus on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where monitor would sometimes appear jerky when panning at 1080p60.
Before downloading you should know:
- This beta is not intended for use in a commercial environment
- This is intended for Shogun users only
- CinemaDNG beta is only supported on Sony FS raw
- Avid DNxHD/HR isn’t supported in this beta
- Sandisk Extreme Pro recommended for recording
- Images will have a green color shift in Adobe Premiere (known issue in beta)
- Other bugs may be present in this release
- Support isn’t provided for this beta
- Revert back to AtomOS 6.6 or later to restore your Shogun’s original features
To download the update simply head on over to www.Atomos.com/Support and choose your product.