Cartoni is known for their high quality products, with an 80 year legacy of tripods, heads and various other support gear. There have been some recent additions to their line of fluid tripod heads with the new Focus series, a product line that Steve Manios of Cartoni U.S.A. (Manios Digital) was excited to talk about at this year’s Band Pro Open House.
Rugged, compact and easy to operate, FOCUS fluid heads combine extremely lightweight magnesium alloy construction with precision engineering making them ideal for a range of applications from news gathering and documentary shooting to motion picture production and studio use. Camera operators will be inspired by the smooth fluid feel of our new FOCUS range. The fluid sensation is one that can only be delivered by a perfect counterbalance system. The heads are ultra-light, yet, through their simple ergonomic settings, provide perfect performance every time. You have to feel it to believe it!
- Payloads from 0 to 22kg (48.50lbs) The added capacity allows operators to confidently employ additional accessories from small studio prompters to large ENG kits with on-board lights, monitors and larger batteries.
- Robust design FOCUS is built for the rigors of ENG and field operations. The new CARTONI patented counterbalance system allows for a lighter and more compact structure without compromising durability.
- Perfect counterbalance All Heads offer ±90o of perfectly balanced ultralight adjustment from 0 to 22kg (48.50lbs). The ability of FOCUS 8 and FOCUS 12 to support payloads less than 2kg (4.4lbs) enables the use of a wide variety of camera/lens/accessory combinations.
- Euro-style, quick-release plate The simple, Euro plate on the FOCUS 12, FOCUS 18 and FOCUS 22 enables fast set up and easy balancing. The plate is compatible with all leading tripod manufactures for full interchangeability in the field. The FOCUS 8 features an innovative sliding plate compatible with SACHTLER ACE & MANFROTTO standard plates.
- Improved set-up and functionality FOCUS 12, 18 and 22 come with a switchable, illuminated level bubble as a standard feature.
- Ultra lightweight At only 1.8kg (4lbs) FOCUS 8 is capable of supporting payloads up to 8kg (17.6lbs), one of the best weightto-payload ratios in the industry. Its portability and easy setup makes it ideal for news operations.
- Ultra robust FOCUS 12 along with the integrated Euro plate has a platform with streamlined brake and drag controls.
- Mounting interface All FOCUS Heads offer 100mm ball base fittings – except FOCUS 8 which has a 75mm ball base – to provide rigid and sturdy support that can easily interface with industry-standard 100mm tripods.
The Focus 8 and Focus 12 are both available now, with the Focus 22 becoming available in February 2016. For more information be sure to visit ManiosDigital.com