Blackmagic Design has released a massive news blast informing us of their acquisition of Ultimatte and Fairlight, as well as the new Teranex AV, DaVinci Resolve’s new 12.5.2, Video Assist Upate, new pricing on the Hyperdeck Studio and more!
Ultimatte is the the best known name for delivering broadcast quality realtime blue and green screen removal hardware and is used in studios around the world to seamlessly composite reporters and talk show hosts into virtual sets. From Blackmagic CEO Grant Petty:
“Ultimatte’s realtime blue and green screen compositing solutions have been the standard for 40 years. Ultimatte has been used by virtually every major broadcast network in the world. We are thrilled to bring Ultimatte and Blackmagic Design together, and are excited about continuing to build innovative products for our customers!”
Fairlight creates professional digital audio products for live broadcast event production, film and television post production, as well as immersive 3D audio mixing and finishing. From Blackmagic CEO Grant Petty:
“The exciting part about this acquisition is that it will add incredibly high end professional audio technology to Blackmagic Design’s amazing video products. We look forward to working with the Fairlight team to build even more exciting new products for our customers!”
The latest version of Resolve is available free for download from our site. It adds support for additional URSA Mini Camera metadata, color space tags on QuickTime export, Fusion Connect for Linux, advanced filtering options and more. It is available for free on Blackmagic Design’s website.
- Support for new URSA Mini camera metadata in RAW files
- Support for color space tags on QuickTime export
- Support for Fusion Connect on Linux
- Ability to filter timeline on Color page based on clips that have OFX applied
- Support for up to 24 audio channels on the Edit and Deliver page
- Support for manually enabling and disabling GPUs in preferences
- Support for display name on ALE export
- Support for apply grade and append node graph in the main menu
- Ability to clear tracking data for the current Power Window
- Support for OpenCL on NVIDIA cards on Microsoft Windows
- Ability to copy local grades to remote
- Additional utility functions in DCTLs
- Support for date created and data modified for timelines when using smart bins
A new broadcast quality standards converter designed specifically for AV professionals. Teranex AV features 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0a inputs, outputs and loop through, along with AV specific features such as low latency, a still store, freeze frame and HiFi audio inputs for professionals working on live, staged presentations and conferences. Teranex AV will be available in September for $1,695 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
A major new update for Blackmagic Video Assist 4K customers that improves DNxHD and DNxHR support, adds false color monitoring, expanded focus options and new screen rotation features. It is available for download from the Blackmagic Design website next week, free of charge for all Blackmagic Video Assist 4K customers.
- Save DNxHD and DNxHR files in MXF containers, removing dependencies on the .mov file format
- Choose between DNxHD 220, 145 and 45 bit rates, or between DNxHR HQ, SQ and LB formats when recording
- Adds false color monitoring exposure tools
- Expands the options for focus assist so customers can now choose to see red, green, blue, black, white or traditional focus peaking indicators
- Manually control the screen orientation and turn off the auto rotate feature
New DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K and DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K PCIe capture cards that include all the features of our HD DeckLink models but now have Ultra HD and HDR (high dynamic range) features. Both models support all SD, HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p30. DeckLink Mini 4K models are available now from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide for only $195 each.