New Blackmagic Camera 6.1 Update! This update adds pixel remapping and 2:1 monitoring frame guides to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, as well as improved audio recording and monitoring, better battery life and more!
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.1
What’s new for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Added support for pixel remapping in camera.
- Added 2:1 monitoring frame guide.
- Improved media formatting user interface.
- Improved audio monitoring latency performance.
- Improved auto focus performance.
- Improved signal to noise ratio performance of camera internal microphone.
- Improved power efficiency for improved battery life.
- Improved 3.5mm audio input selection interface.
- Improved AV sync performance.
- Fixed an issue where time and date is not updated on camera when connected to the Blackmagic Camera Setup utility.
- Fixed an issue where the 3.5mm audio input level is 6dB lower than expected.
- Fixed an auto focusing issue with Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens.
- Fixed an issue where some USB-C external SSDs were not detected when connected before camera is powered up.
- Fixed an issue where some batteries might shut off earlier than expected.
- Fixed an issue where low battery indicator is not displayed appropriately.
- Fixed an issue with camera not being detected by host computer when connected to certain USB ports.
- Updated dynamic range and ISO chart in user manual.
No new features in 6.1 for other camera models.
Minimum system requirements for macOS
- macOS Mojave 10.14 or better
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 or better
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- Thunderbolt port for UltraScope and Media Express when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- A suitable Thunderbolt port when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Installing Blackmagic Camera Utility
Before installing the software on Windows, we recommend that you run “Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup” first.
The Blackmagic Camera Installer package installs:
- Blackmagic Camera Setup
- Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup
- User Manuals
While installing Camera Update on URSA Mini and URSA Mini Pro you may notice a pause around the 10% mark in the install process, this is normal and will continue installing after around 20 seconds.
After loading the software on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera PL, EF or MFT, you may notice a slight flickering on the built-in LCD screen. This is normal and expected behavior. The flickering will go away after a few minutes of operation.
Some applications may use third party code under license. For details please refer to the included “Third Party Licenses.rtf” document.