New Super Camera Packs a 2.5K Sensor For Less Than $3000.00
If you heard a collective gasp coming from about ninety thousand people in Las Vegas last week, it was most likely in reaction to Blackmagic’s ground breaking announcement that they are now officially a camera manufacturer. On April 16, 2012, Blackmagic Design unleashed the Blackmagic Cinema Camera on NAB and the world. It’s not clear whether this will be a trend or a one time venture, but either way, this first effort at an image capture device packs a massive punch for the price. The handheld unit is slightly larger than a standard DSLR and includes a high resolution 2.5K sensor, built in high bandwidth SSD recorder, open file format support, color correction with full version of DaVinci Resolve and a built in LCD with metadata entry, all in an attractive compact design for only US $2,995.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera Key Features:
- High resolution 2.5K sensor allows improved anti aliasing and reframing shots.
- Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
- Built in SSD allows high bandwidth recording of RAW video and long duration compressed video.
- Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. No custom file formats.
- Includes no custom connections. Standard jack mic/line audio in, BNC 3 Gb/s SDI out, headphone, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O technology, LANC remote control and standard DC 12-30V power connection.
- Capacitive touch screen LCD for camera settings and slate metadata entry.
For more information, go to their website at www.blackmagic-design.com
In the LA area on May 16, 2012?
LA Blackmagic Roadshow on at Burbank Hilton on May 16th
Blackmagic Design will host the Blackmagic Roadshow in Los Angeles on May 16th. The event will be held at the Burbank Airport Marriott from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and will include Blackmagic Design’s complete range of products for broadcast, post production and live events, as well as presentations by Blackmagic Design partners and renowned editors and color artists, as well as a keynote presentation by DigitalFilm Tree’s CEO, Ramy Katrib.
The event, which is free to attend, will include hands on demonstrations and theater presentations of Blackmagic Design’s products, as well as the first demonstrations in California of the new products announced at NAB 2012, including the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, DaVinci Resolve 9.0, Teranex 2D and 3D Processors, HyperDeck Studio Pro, UltraStudio Express, Universal Videohub Editing Interface and Battery Converters.
As part of the event, Ramy Katrib of DigitalFilm Tree will discuss new workflows and tools used at his LA based post production house. In addition, he will discuss the DaVinci Resolve workflow used by DigitalFilm Tree on the nationally acclaimed television show NCIS: Los Angeles, as well as new studio projects being completed with Teranex standards converter processors. Theater presentations and hands on demonstrations will also be offered by Blackmagic Design partners Avid, Adobe, PNY Technology, Magma and Promise Technology.
Where: Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel, Academy Ballroom 2 & 3, 2500 Hollywood Way, Burbank
When: May 16th, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
To attend the event, please visit invite.blackmagic-design.com