The ever popular 7D Mark II rumors have cropped back up due to a supposed leak of an image of the camera along with its supposed specs, claiming its announcement will come at next week’s photokina show.
According to the leak, the 7D Mark II will feature a dust proof body made of magnesium alloy. The biggest upgrade over the original 7D seems to be its 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, 65 point auto focus system, and an ISO of 16,000. Canon Rumors also mentions an internal intervalometer, allowing for timelapse shots without the need for an external device. Here’s their full list of projected specs:
- All metal body
- Dust and weather resistant
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor
- 10 fps
- 65 AF point all cross type
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- EOS iTR Autofocus
- Dual DIGIC6
- Max ISO 16000
- RGB + IR Photometry Sensor
Our Full Specifications
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS (no STM)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- GPS is in the camera
- No WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP APS-C Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- f/8 on center point at least, could be on more points.
- ISO 100-16000, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200 (updated this to 16000)
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
- New Battery – LP-E6N
- New Battery Grip BG-E16
The differences between this model and the original 7D, don’t seem to be as big as the jump in quality the 5D saw with its series’ upgrades. Though the new auto focus (reminiscent of the wonderful 70D) is nice, as is the whopping 16,000 ISO, something Canon Rumors themselves thought was just a typo at first. They also suggest an availability of October or November 2014.
However all of this has yet to be confirmed by Canon, so we’ll have to wait and see if they do in fact announce it at or prior to photokina.
Be sure to stay tuned for more, as IBC and photokina unfold in the coming days.