As we’ve come to expect from Redrock Micro, they’ve released another defining piece of camera equipment that will be useful to many shooters in the industry with their new Scout camera multi-tool. We spoke with Redrock’s Brian Valente for more on the Scout, as well as their new adjustable lens ring.
First of its Kind
The Scout is first of its kind ultra-portable camera multi-tool. It’s a universal cage and rig in one featuring a built-in microRemote Fingerwheel System that’s wireless ready. The Scout has a rail system when you need a cinema rig, or detach it for a super compact handheld setup. Quick-Change between rigs quickly (with the quick release system), even your gimbal. Integrated power keeps everything tight and self-contained.
Load-and-go, run-and-gun, point-and-shoot right out of the box. Scout is the ultimate self-contained rig for handheld mirrorless camera and DSLR video.
Features and Benefits
- Protect your camera with the precision-machined aluminum cage
- Enjoy exceptional stability and torque resistance
- Easy balancing with built-in multi-axis balance adjustments
- Wireless-ready – enables second person to pull focus remotely (just add the wireless handheld remote, sold separately)
- Create cinema-style 15mm rail-based rigs with the optional rail mount block
- Add a standard microRemote fingerwheel – with the built-in fingerwheel port, you can still use the onboard motor with a standard Redrock fingerwheel for cinema-style rigs like shouldermount or jib/crane use (external fingerwheel purchased separately)
- Switch quickly to your gimbal – the Scout dovetail is compatible with DJI Ronin-M™ gimbal, just slide it in and you’re ready to go
- Unique Expanded and Compact modes for better handheld and cine-style rigs
- Keep it simple with integrated battery for powering the microRemote using Canon LP-E6 and compatible batteries
- Accessorize your rig with 2 included cold shoe mounts
There are two different bundles for the Scout, both of which are discounted for a limited time during their pre-order:
Scout – HS –
Scout – HX –
For more information, visit RedrockMicro.com