Just when you think you’ve seen it all when it comes to LED lighting for production, someone comes along and totally disrupts the industry. That was my reaction when we visited the BBS Lighting Booth at DV Expo. They have several different products, but I think by far the Area 48 LED Fixture was my favorite.
The system is totally different then what we’ve seen from manufacturers in the past. Essentially, they remove the phosphor from the LED and put them on panels which provide a more even, balanced and color correct effect.
Here’s more from the BBS Lighting:
The AREA-48 LED HD-friendly 97 CRI soft light output is comparable to a 1K traditional soft light and represents the next-generation in lighting technology for studio and location work. BBS’s new integrated LED technology moves the phosphor away from the LED itself, thereby greatly improving color rendering, consistency, and light output. The system’s color rendering accuracy is up to 97 CRI with multiple power options including an integrated battery or standard AC power. Moreover, the phosphor panels themselves are interchangeable, allowing you to quickly change the fixture from Daylight to Tungsten, to Chroma-Green, all in a matter of seconds.
Area 48 Fixture Includes:
- 3200K or 5600K High CRI Phosphor Panel
- Integrated Barndoors
- Angled Yoke with 5/8″ Female Baby Pin TVMP
- 160 Watt Power Supply & AC Power Cord
- Chroma Green 525n, 95 CRI 2700k , 97 CRI 3200k, 95 CRI 4300k, 96 CRI 5600k and 95 CRI 6500k Phosphor Panels
- V-lock Battery Plate or Gold Mount (AB) Battery Plate
- Dop Choice 40 degree Snapgrid
- Dop Choice Snapbox including diffuser
- Dop Choice Snapgrid XS for Snapbox
- 160 watt external power supply for Area 48 ( 4 pin xlr)
- Canvas Carrying Cases for 1 or 2 units
- Phosphor Panel Pouch
- Universal AC power cords
Get more information about the Area 48 at the BBS Lighting website: www.bbslighting.com