Two of the biggest problems to overcome when using GoPro cameras is the fact that you can’t use ND Filters and their total dependence on their internal battery. In their effort to constantly improve their already popular GoPro Cobalt Cage, Redrock Micro has come up with solutions for both.
55mm Filter Adapter
At one point, some company released an ND filter for the GoPro which essentially was a thin piece of plastic that just laid between the lens and the housing. It was about the size of a dime, and I think I lost mine almost instantly. Overexposure is a problem when using the GoPro, especially if you’re trying to match that footage to footage from your “A” camera. Leave it to the geniuses at Redrock to save us with a solution so that you can use your 55mm filters right on your GoPro via the Cobalt Cage.
Here’s more about the Redrock Micro 55mm Adapter:
- Enables attachment of standard 55mm filters to improve exposure and reduce jell-o effect.
- Comes with UV filter for added protection, works with GoPro housing and naked GoPro cameras.
- Filter ring easily and securely attaches to or removes from standard Cobalt cage.
- Works with both GoPro housing and naked Hero camera.
How many times have you had to stop shooting due to GoPro’s internal Lithium Ion Battery? If you’re lucky and have two GoPros, at the very least you may have to stop shooting and swap out the dead camera for the live one. Thanks to Redrock Micro, that’s now a thing of the past with their new Power Plate.
Here’s more about the Redrock Micro Power Plate:
- Adds up to 4x additional battery life over the standard GoPro cameras.
- Works with any GoPro Hero camera
- Can also be used to power any USB-powered accessory. Wireless video transmitters, lights, microphones.
- Bottom of plate adds additional taps to mount to tripod or rigging.
Product pricing and availability will be announced soon, and for more information or to sign up for product updates, to the website at: store.redrockmicro.com/Cobalt