You’ve probably heard all about this camera with its Super 35 CMOS sensor and micro 4/3 lens mount. Well for those of you in the Los Angeles area, you can check it out March 18th from 1 to 3PM at EVS.
On March 18th from 1-3pm, EVS will host the LA debut of the new LS 300 4K super35mm Cinema camera. JVC Execs and Techs will be here to answer any questions, we’ll have footage that was shot from production-run cameras, and we’ll be going through the menus and settings on the camera. The event is free, there will be refreshments, and more.
In addition, EVS will have a “try and buy” program for the LS 300. You can rent the camera free for 1 day (security deposit required) before you decide to buy it……..and, if that is not enough, JVC has selected a few, elite dealers (EVS!) to be part of the following promotion:
Buy a LS 300 camera and JVC will give you either a FREE Metabones adapter (EF,PL, or Nikon G) or a FREE Rokinon 24 or 35mm MFT lens.”
Here’s more about the JVC LS 300 4K
- 4K Ultra HD Recording at 150Mbps and Live Output
- Working with 4K has never been easier! Insert an SDHC or SDXC (UHS-I Speed class3) memory card and record hours of 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) material. Recordings are made using the Quicktime (.MOV) file format and are compatible with many popular editing systems. Connect a 4K Ultra HD monitor with a single HDMI cable, and view the camera’s live 4K signal. You can also play back recorded files directly from the camera. The GY-LS300 also downconverts UHD signals to standard HD for output through the built-in SDI or HDMI connectors.
- 4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps
- The GY-LS300 records 4:2:2 HD signals up to 60p at 50Mbps making it an ideal camera for general HD production work. 50Mbps files are stored in the Quicktime (.MOV) format for easy editing. Conventional AVCHD (4:2:0) recording is also possible, providing wide editing compatibility in an array of standard HD and SD formats.
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Card Slots
Dual SDHC/SDXC card slots make the GY-LS300 a truly versatile camcorder, offering such benefits as simultaneous recording and relay recording. In relay recording mode, you can shoot continuously and seamlessly over multiple cards. When one card is full, the camcorder switches seamlessly and automatically to the other card. And because cards are hot swappable, there is in effect no limit to the continuous shooting time in any mode, even with lower capacity cards.
- Web Friendly (Proxy) file formats
- Lower resolution H.264 files (480 x 270p, 960 x 540p, 720 x 480i, 720 x 576i, or 1440 x 1080i) may be recorded simultaneously with full HD files. These files are significantly smaller than HD files, and thus are very suitable for immediate posting to the web. A file recorded in the 960 x 540 mode is approximately 1/10th the size of a full HD file recorded at 35 Mbps, and therefore takes a fraction of the time to post. The smaller files may be quickly imported to an iPad for easy editing using iMovie or Pinnacle Studio. Transporting video to the web or back to the studio has never been faster.With the GY-LS300, it is also possible to create SD and HD files simultaneously.
- Advanced IP Network Communication and Streaming
- The GY-LS300 features JVC’s latest IP communications engine giving you remote control and monitoring of vital camera functions from a tablet, smartphone, or computer anywhere in the world. Live streaming is possible in HD or lower resolutions, depending on available bandwidth. JVC’s Advanced Streaming Technology (AST) includes Zixi powered Forward Error Correction with ARQ, delivering high quality streams even under challenging conditions. And now RTMP protocol makes it easier than ever to deliver your live streams to content delivery networks such as USTREAM and YouTube. Just press one button and you’re streaming to the world!
- Newly developed 4K Super 35 CMOS image sensor
- Micro Four Thirds System Lens Mount
- Variable Scan Mapping maintains native angle of view for a variety of lenses including Super 35, MFT and Super 16.
Adapters available for PL and EF mount lenses.
- 4K Ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24p/25p/30p) to SDHC/SDXC(UHS-I Speed class3) card
- 4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps (24p-60p)
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16 and 1/64)
- HD-SDI (3G) and HDMI outputs (4K output via HDMI only)
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Shotgun microphone included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable Dual, Backup and Continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Zixi and Wowza Streaming Engine
- IP Network Remote Control, Remote Viewing, Metadata editing, FTP clips*
- 3.5-inch color LCD display (920K pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 0.24-inch color viewfinder (1.56M pixel) with smart focus assist function
- Wired remote control supported
- 10 user button assignable functions
- Includes handle unit, SSL-JVC50 7.4V battery, AC Adapter and shotgun microphone
*Requires appropriate network connection and adapter
For more information about the event, go to the EVS website at: www.evsonline.com
For more information about the JVC LS 300 Camera go to the JVC website at: pro.jvc.com