Filmsupply and Musicbed today launched a new challenge for creatives and filmmakers: use our content to make an amazing 60 second film – without the need to shoot a second of footage – for the chance to win up to $100,000 in cash, prizes and incredible experiences.
With The Filmsupply Challenge, entrants must submit a film that falls into one of three categories: Ad Spec, Film Trailer or Title Sequence. All Challenge competitors get free access to the Musicbed and Filmsupply catalogs and must use at least five Filmsupply clips and two Musicbed tracks. Films can be no more than 60 seconds.
The competition will award seven different winners, including a “best of” for each of the three categories and four technical quality awards.
- Category Awards: Best Ad Spec, Best Trailer and Best Title Sequence
- Technical Awards: Best Sound Design Overall, Best VFX Overall, Best Color Overall and Best Edit Overall
Filmmakers may download the Filmsupply Challenge Starter Kit today and begin making submissions now, with a deadline for entry of June 28th. Entrants will not need to license clips or songs used in their films as long as they are only used on the competition site. Winners will be selected by a celebrated panel of judges from the film and advertising communities:
Winners will be selected by a celebrated panel of judges from the film and advertising communities:
- Adam Epstein, editor for the NBC’s SNL Film Unit; Emmy-nominated filmmaker and writer
- Philip Bloom, DP, director and filmmaker
- Shane Hurlbut, A.S.C., world-renowned cinematographer behind 18 feature films
- Kate Erbland, film editor at Indiewire
- Reinaldo Green, filmmaker
- Jordan McGarry, head of curation at Vimeo
- Ryan Connolly, writer and director; creator of Film Riot and Film State
- Kenny Kim, associate creative director at Brownstein
Prizes for The Filmsupply Challenge range from gear to software to experiences that cannot be found anywhere else. This includes the chance to shadow Shane Hurlbut, go to the Tribeca Film Festival, win new gear from RØDE, Kessler, Defacto Sound, LensProToGo and more.
Learn more about the prizes and rules, or just get started at www.filmsupplychallenge.com