The Los Angeles Post Production Group has invited its members to join a hands-on class for DaVinci Resolve 16.2, offering a chance to get a first hand look at Blackmagic Design’s editing software as well as learn something new during the quarantine. From LAPPG:
LAPPG members are invited to test Blackmagic Design’s online learning model on Friday, April 3rd!!
Please be sure to read through the info below to be prepared for the class on Friday, April 3rd. This class will be presented as a hands-on class therefore you do need to have a computer with Resolve 16.2 installed. If you do not, you are welcome to experience the class as a “show & tell”. Once the class has completed we will email you a video of the class so you can review any of the class exercises.
To register: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwvcu2qrzoissGtoFnqI2Xya3ZLpMJt4Q
You must register to participate in this online class.
Class: DaVinci Resolve 16 Overview
Date: April 3 (Friday)
Time: 10am – 2pm PST
Instructor: Steve Martin
To prepare for your upcoming class you will need to:
1. Download and install DaVinci Resolve 16.2
2. Download training media from the Beginners Guide which is on the Blackmagic Design website: (you will need to scroll down the page a bit to find)
3. Download and install the zoom classroom application for macOS and Windows:
(For iPad download the Zoom Cloud meetings app.)
For the most optimal experience there are a few things you can do to prepare for the class:
- Set aside a space that has very few distractions where you can focus for a few hours.
- We strongly suggest you have a dual monitor setup or use a laptop or iPad for Zoom and open Resolve on your desktop.
- You’ll want to have headphones to hear the Zoom laptop or tablet.
- Once you log into the meeting your iPad or laptop webcam will be enabled but you will initially be muted.
- If you have questions during the course we recommend using the Zoom’s built-in chat to send a message to the instructor.
- Please be sure you have downloaded Resolve 16.2 and the media as mentioned above. This is critical to following along with the instructor.
Below are a couple of videos to help you get setup with your training before the course.
Joining a Meeting
Joining & Configuring Audio and Video
Agenda: Overview of DaVinci Resolve – 4 Hour Online
10:00 – 10:15 – Introductions & Welcome
10:15 – 11:00 – Cut Page (:45)
11:00 – 11:45 – Edit Page (:45)
11:45 – 12:00 – Break (:15)
12:00 – 12:30 – Fusion Page (:30)
12:30 – 1:15 – Color Page (:45)
1:15 – 1:45 – Fairlight Page (:30)
1:45 – 2:00 – Deliver Page (:15)
The Los Angeles Post Production Group offers monthly meetings with industry-leading manufacturers such as Blackmagic Design and Carl Zeiss. Be sure to visit their site for more at LAPPG.com