Through their US Distributor, Manios Digital & Film, manufacturer Kinotehnik has introduced some impressive accessories into the market. I’ve used both their LCDVF loop and the LCDVFe their electronic viewfinder and can attest to their high quality and tremendous craftsmanship. So I’m personally excited about their latest product, the Practilite 602 Fresnel smart light.
The 602 is the first in the range of 600-series smart LED fresnel lighting fixtures (601, 602, 603) daylight bicolor tungsten.
- Practilite 602 Features:
- Smartphone controlled: adjusts brightness, color temperature and beam angle
- Beam angle control of 15-80 degrees enables increased throw distances
- Fresnel lens 3.2″ (80mm), borosilicate glass
- Tunable color temperature from 3200K to 5600K
- Very high CRI 90-93
- Flicker free
- SafeBoost mode for increased light output
- Max current draw 140W and long lamp life
- 100-240 VAC, 12-28 VDC, can be operated from V-mount and Anton Bauer batteries
- Universal AC/DC power supply
- Attaches to any standard 5/8″ (16 mm) stud
- Universal umbrella mount built-in and barndoors included
- Dimensions: Housing diameter 4″/100mm, overall dimensions 4 x 7 x 6″ (10 x 17 x 15cm)
- Compatible with third party 4″/100mm studio head light modifiers such as Profoto and Broncolor Picolite
- Speedring insert adapters for most manufacturers soft-boxes are available separately
The Practilite 602 comes with an app for smartphones and is Bluetooth capable. This remote function is especially useful for single-person shooters or small crews. From tungsten to daylight, the Practilite 602 allows content creators to easily dial in matching color balance, tune the brightness and set the beam angle remotely through the Practilite 602 app.
The durable full aluminum construction and compact size makes it easy and cost effective for transporting and the universal AC/DC power supply can be used internationally.
The variable beam Fresnel and borosilicate glass lens enables to gather and throw the light much farther than conventional LED fixtures, enabling wider shot angles and precise light shaping without losing the LED output power/throw, which is typically the case with barndoor-controlled fixtures.
For more information, go to the Kinotehnik website at www.kinotehnik.com.
Going to NAB? Check out the new Practilite 602 and all of the great products from Kinotehnik at the Manios Digital & Film booth in Central Hall #C9039