According to Grant Petty, founder and CEO of Blackmagic Design, web broadcasting is the biggest change to the broadcast industry since color television. With free services like YouTube Live, anyone can open a global channel, and Blackmagic Design is ready to help facilitate this new era of web broadcasting with a number of new and improved products.
Blackmagic Studio Camera HD –
Advanced broadcast camera for live HD production with 10” viewfinder, MFT lens mount, support for up to 1080p60, talkback, tally and more.
Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K –
The world’s first 12G-SDI broadcast camera for live Ultra HD production with 10” viewfinder, 12G- SDI, MFT lens mount, support for up to 2160p60, talkback, tally and more.
Blackmagic Studio Camera Key Features
- High resolution 1920×1080 sensor in HD model and Ultra HD sized sensor in 4K model.
- Built in large 10 inch super bright wide viewing angle LCD viewfinder with sun shade.
- Optical SMPTE compatible SFP optical fiber socket allowing user installed optical fiber.
- 3G-SDI on HD model for up to 1080p60 and 12G-SDI on 4K model for up to 2160p60.
- Compatible with high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as B4 broadcast lens mount.
- Built in, two way digital quality talkback using high quality affordable general aviation headsets.
- Includes front and rear tally indicators using tally over SDI protocol.
- Built in DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector.
- Remote control camera features such as color corrector, lens control, talkback, tally and more via SDI from an ATEM switcher.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR balanced mic/line audio in with switchable phantom power, headphone and microphone jack for talkback, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin XLR broadcast standard DC 12V power connection.
- On screen menus for all camera settings.
- Supports 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 and up to 60 fps in HD model, up to 60 fps in 4K model.
- Compatible with ATEM range of live production switchers.
HyperDeck Studio Mini is a miniaturized professional deck that records and plays back broadcast quality 10-bit video using commonly available SD and UHS-II cards. HyperDeck Studio Mini features 6G-SDI for working with all SD, HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p30. HyperDeck Studio Mini is unique because it includes HDMI for monitoring, a built in sync generator and ethernet for uploading media via FTP so it also becomes an ideal solution for digital signage tasks.
HyperDeck Studio Mini Key Features
- SD, HD and Ultra HD recorder and player
- 1 x 6G-SDI input, 2 x 6G-SDI outputs, 1 x HDMI output
- Two SD card slots for continuous recording to regular SD cards or UHS-II cards
- ProRes and DNx codec support
- ProRes 4444 playback with fill and key
- LCD for monitoring, status information and menu settings
- FTP over ethernet
- Remote control via ethernet or RS-422 connection
- Internal sync generator
- Power over ethernet, PoE+
- Built in power supply
Blackmagic Design’s new Web Presenter allows customers to use their professional SDI and HDMI video sources with streaming software and services such as YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and more.
Featuring 12G-SDI and HDMI connections, Blackmagic Web Presenter will down convert any SD, HD and Ultra HD sources and make them look like a 720p USB webcam. As all streaming software works with webcams, Blackmagic Web Presenter also makes it easy to work with any streaming software, but with dramatically higher quality. Streaming in 720p ensures customers get the quality of HD and a 16:9 aspect ratio, but with very low data rates so uplinking streams to the internet is easy from any computer.
Blackmagic Web Presenter can also live switch programs using its built in 2 input production switcher when the optional Teranex Mini Smart Panel is installed, making it a full live production solution for location broadcast.
Blackmagic Web Presenter Key Features
- Converts any SDI or HDMI source to USB webcam video in 720p HD format.
- No drivers required, works with popular streaming software such as Open Broadcaster, XSplit Broadcaster, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Periscope, Twitch.TV and more.
- Supports all SD, HD and Ultra HD input sources up to 2160p60.
- 12G-SDI input with 12G-SDI loop output.
- 12G-SDI program output, ideal for recording masters when doing live switching.
- HDMI 2.0 input with independent HDMI loop output.
- HDMI video input re-sync for live switching.
- XLR balanced mic/line level audio input.
- Consumer HiFi connections for 2 channels of audio input.
- Teranex quality down converter.
- Built in 2 input switcher when used with optional Teranex Mini Smart Panel.
- Desktop design or can be rack mounted using the Teranex Mini Rack Shelf.
The ATEM Television Studio HD is a broadcast quality live production switcher designed for both broadcast and professional AV users. ATEM Television Studio HD features 8 inputs, multi view, aux, and program outputs, analog audio inputs, built in talkback, two flash based media players, incredible creative transitions, a DVE for effects and more.
ATEM Television Studio HD Features
- 4 x 3G-SDI and 4 x HDMI inputs for a total of 8 inputs, all with auto re‑sync.
- Supports all video formats from SD to 720p, 1080i and 1080p HD up to 60fps.
- 1 x built in multi view for 8 sources, as well as preview and program.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 20 RGBA stills.
- Built in DVE with 3D borders and drop shadow.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 1 upstream keyer including chroma keyer plus 2 downstream keyers.
- 1 auxiliary output with front panel aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs .
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and 2 media player outputs.
- Ethernet connection for computer connection. Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Panel control panels when hardware panel is required.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input for integration into large systems.
- Compact ⅔ rack unit size is perfect for when in a portable solution is required.
- Desktop or rack mountable using the optional Teranex Mini Rack Shelf.
For more on each of these products, simply click their links above, or visit BlackmagicDesign.com