With the new Canon 80D, we get not only a new, powerful DSLR, but a new shotgun mic, zoom lens and Zoom Adapter that all work perfectly together. We spoke with Canon’s Wasim Ahmad for more on each of these new products.
Whether raising your game to SLR level photography or having fun with a feature-rich, versatile SLR you can use pretty much anywhere, the EOS 80D camera is your answer. It features an impressive 45-point all cross-type AF system* that provides high-speed, highly precise AF in virtually any kind of light. To help ensure photographers don’t miss their shot, an Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% coverage provides a clear view and comprehensive image data. Improvements like a powerful 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor and Dual Pixel CMOS AF for Live View shooting enhance the EOS 80D’s performance across the board. Complementing the EOS 80D’s advanced operation are built-in wireless connectivity and Full HD 60p movies that can be saved as MP4s for easy sharing. Merging power, precision and operability, the EOS 80D is a dynamic SLR camera for anyone ready to realize their creative vision.
- 45-point all cross-type AF system* allows for superb autofocus when shooting with the optical viewfinder and focusing area selection modes.
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage.
- 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor helps provide impressive, high-resolution results.
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps you shoot video with smooth, fast and accurate autofocus, and stills with instant and precise autofocus.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer images and movies to compatible devices or share on social networking sites.
- Built-in NFC*** allows quick and simple pairing to a compatible Android™ device and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Full HD 60p helps capture brilliant results in MP4 format for high-quality shooting and easy movie sharing on social networking sites.
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor enables flexible positioning and clear viewing even when outdoors.
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor helps provide exceptional image quality and processing speed.
- ISO 100-16000 (expandable to 25600) for stills and ISO 100–12800 (expandable to 16000/25600) for movies for outstanding performance in bright to dim light.
- More precise autofocus is provided by the 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor which enables Color Tracking to accurately detect skin color.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 7.0 fps allows you to capture all the action.
- Express your creativity with HDR Movie, Time-Lapse Movie and Creative Filter options.
- Anti-flicker helps compensate for flickering light sources and provides consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting.
- Shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles.
Crisp sound. Superb performance. The new Directional Microphone DM-E1 can help experienced videographers and aspiring filmmakers alike achieve high-quality audio when recording video using a compatible Canon EOS digital camera*. It features a number of directional controls to suit the environment and your shooting needs. Shotgun mode keeps audio focused on a subject directly in front of the camera, such as when interviewing someone for a documentary. Stereo (90°/120°) mode captures audio over a wide area for more ambient sound, ideal for nature scenes or entire orchestras. If your creativity brings you outside, the microphone also comes with a Wind Screen to help keep wind noise to a minimum. Whether you’re looking to create your masterpiece movie, record a concert or simply capture the sights and sounds of nature, the Directional Microphone DM-E1 pairs wonderfully with a Canon EOS digital camera to help you achieve phenomenal audio for your video.
An all-around lens ideal for creative photography and movies, Canon’s EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM adds cutting-edge technology to an extremely flexible zoom range. Delivering remarkable performance for everyday capture, it’s equipped with Canon’s new NANO USM technology, featuring high-speed and near-silent AF. What’s more, it’s also compatible with Canon’s new Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1 for more natural zooming during movie capture. For landscapes, portraits, sports videos and everything in between, the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM provides great versatility with its magnificent optics, comprehensive zoom range and premium design. It’s an impressive complement to the EOS 80D camera, or any EOS camera with an APS-C size sensor.
- Equipped with new NANO USM technology combining Ring USM and STM for smooth and near-silent video and high-speed AF for still capture.
- Improved driving speed of the focusing lens up to 4.3x* (Tele) and 2.5x* (Wide) for faster autofocus.
- Compatible with new Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1, providing electrical zooming that helps deliver more natural zooming while shooting video.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up to 4** stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Dynamic IS helps reduce camera shake when shooting video for improved image quality even when the user is in motion.
- One UD lens and one PMo aspheric lens help provide high-resolution and high-contrast images with reduced chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range.
- Premium exterior design includes a satin finish, sleek silhouette, black ring and metallic mount for high performance with a sophisticated look and feel.
Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1 is a detachable accessory designed for use with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens. It uses a zoom lever similar to those found on camcorders, allowing for incredibly smooth zooming that may be difficult to do manually. Remote control function is available using smartphones and computers when used with an EOS 80D camera and Canon Camera Connect software. Bundled with Protect Cover and Storage Case.
For more information on any of these products follow the links above.
For more information on all Canon products, visit www.USA.Canon.com