The Came-Single 3-Axis handheld gimbal is a perfect lightweight solution for a number of smaller, high-performance cameras, such as the Panasonic GH4, Sony a7S, and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. A fascinating and easy to use device, we spoke with Camera Motion Research’s Richard Greb for more on this upcoming product.
The CAME-Single 3-Axis Handheld Camera Gimbal from CAME-TV is a single-handed stabilizer that supports loads up to 2.6 pounds, making it suitable for use with compact cameras such as the Panasonic GH4, Sony a7S, and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. It utilizes three motors that stabilize the camera along the pan, tilt, and roll axes. This compensates for shakes, vibrations, and other unwanted movements, allowing you to capture smooth, free-floating shots. The system offers multiple operation modes for increased creative possibilities. You can choose to lock the camera in place along all three axes or have the camera smoothly follow your pan and tilt motions while keeping the horizon level. There is also a Commixture Mode, which locks the tilt axis while allowing the camera to follow left and right panning movements. Modes can be easily switched using a joystick, which can also be used to adjust camera pan and tilt position.
- 2.6 lb load capacity
- Updated 32-bit board
- Lock, Follow, and Commixture Modes
- Joystick for pan and tilt control
- Button on side of handle for power on/off and changing modes
- Tool-less balancing
- Quick-release plate
- Larger frame for increased tilt range
- Internal rechargeable battery provides around 20 hours of operating time
- 1/4″-20 threaded hole on bottom of the handle for mounting stabilizer on tripods, sliders, jibs, and other support devices
- 1/4″-20 threaded hole above the handle for mounting a monitor or other accessory
- Hard carry case included
The Came-Single handheld stabilizer will soon be available from Camera Motion Research. For more information, keep an eye out on CMR’s site at www.CamotionLLC.com