If you’ve recently wrapped a short film and are looking for exposure, AT&T wants to help bring your passion project to life.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – NO ENTRY FEE!
Did you recently wrap your latest short film and are looking for your big break?
The AT&T Film Awards is an open competition seeking imaginative, undiscovered short films from aspiring creators who want their voices heard. We are supporting and rewarding excellence in filmmaking with $60,000 in cash prizes, exposure, and a chance to take home the coveted AT&T Film Awards trophy during the finals at Warner Bros. Studios on June 2, 2018.
For the 4th Edition of the competition, we’re placing the spotlight on aspiring and underrepresented storytellers, and creators utilizing innovative filmmaking techniques such as 360 Cinematic Video, films shot on mobile, and CGI/Animated shorts.
CATEGORIES & PRIZES
BEST SHORT FILM: EMERGING FILMMAKERS
We are seeking inspiring and creative shorts from aspiring filmmakers. This is our open category, open to any narrative short film, documentaries, animated/CGI, 360-degree video, and shorts shot on mobile.
First Place – $20,000 USD, 2nd Place – $10,000 USD, 3rd Place – $5,000 USD
BEST SHORT FILM: UNDERREPRESENTED CREATOR
We are awarding $10,000 to encourage the growth and development of creators from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. Eligible creators include people with disabilities, LGBTQ, women, and people of color.
Winner – $10,000 USD
BEST SHORT FILM: SHOT ON MOBILE
Awarded to the top short film shot on smartphone, tablet, or drone. Advances in mobile video technology has made filmmaking more accessible and affordable for aspiring creators. We are encouraging filmmakers to share their short films shot using mobile video technologies.
Winner – $5,000 USD
BEST SHORT FILM: 360 CINEMATIC VIDEO
Awarded to the top short filmed in 360° cinematic video format – live-action video shot on a 360° camera or rig. We’re seeking imaginary and compelling 360° video from immersive storytellers across the U.S.
Winner – $5,000 USD
BEST SHORT FILM: CGI/ANIMATED
Awarded to the top short film demonstrating the best use of CGI or animation.
Winner – $5,000 USD
All finalists selected will win a trip to the AT&T Film Awards finals at Warner Bros. Studios on June 2, 2018. Travel and hotel accommodations will be provided.
- There is no fee to enter
- Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry (except Alabama and Nebraska residents must be at least nineteen (19) years old at time entry and Mississippi residents must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at time of entry).
- Contest is open to entrants who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia.
- Submissions will be accepted through April 15, 2018 or once 1,500 submissions are received, whichever comes first
- The film’s final running time must not exceed 10 minutes, including credits
- Genre: we are seeking films in action/adventure, comedy, documentary, drama, experimental, horror, sci-fi, and thriller
- Films must be in English
- Films must be completed after January 1, 2016
- Finalists selected must be available to attend the finals at Warner Bros. Studios in L.A., June 2-3, 2018. Travel/hotel accommodations will be provided for one member from each team.
- Supported video file type: .mp4
- One submission per entrant
- Films must be shot at a minimum 1080p HD resolution
- Shot on Mobile Category: Films must be shot on smartphone, tablet or drone. We will allow incidental or short clips not using mobile technology. If selected as a finalist, you must submit a 30-second raw footage clip used in the final cut of the film, uncut and unedited for the full duration of 30 seconds or longer to be accepted.
- 360 Cinematic Video Category: Must be filmed in 360° cinematic video format, and must be viewable on Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR headsets.
- Judging Criteria: our judging panel will review films based on 1) Creativity & Originality, 2) Entertainment Value, 3) Characterization and 4) Production Value.
- See Official Rules for full eligibility requirements
- Submissions Open: February 13, 2018
- Submissions Closed: April 15, 2018
- Judging Closes: May 8, 2018
- Finalists Notified: May 9, 2018
- Finals: June 2, 2018
Enter your short film today for your chance at cash prizes, exposure, and your chance to take home the AT&T Film Awards trophy!