In an effort to show that Canon takes good care of all their products, they announced today that the long awaited 7D firmware update will be coming this August.
The update includes a number of fixes, including a few that bring some functions of the new 5D Mark III to its older brother. Some of the changes include:
- Increasing the maximum number of burst images taken in the RAW file format from 15i frames to 25ii frames.
- Adding the ability to process RAW image files directly in the camera and
- Giving the option to set a maximum ISO setting in ISO Auto mode.
- Adding the ability to adjust up to 64 audio levels manually prior to recording video,
- Adding a new submenu that allows file name editing
- Providing compatibility with Canon’s new GPS Receiver GP-E2.
- Re-sizing JPEG image files in-camera
There are a few more in the press release, which you can check out for more detail at www.usa.canon.com.