Adobe had a lot of irons in the fire this year at NAB 2018, with numerous updates to the Creative Cloud and apps such as Premiere Pro and After Effects. Chief among these is the Color Match update, as Adobe’s Laura Williams Argilla, Director of Product Management, explained to Clint Milby during the show.
As explained by Argilla, their new Color Match tool allows you to simply select a reference shot and then choose other shots that you’d like to match with the first shot’s look. Color Match will do so, though within a reasonable amount to allow you to adjust and tweak as needed. This is particularly effective for skin tones, and it is all done within the Color Wheels, giving you complete control. This would have been perfect on our prokect months ago for the SOC, trying to marry shots from all different kinds of cameras from a swath of different times.
“One of the most used tools in After Effects”, the Puppet Engine also received a massive update, with tools to create more complex motions for your puppets. Adobe has also expanded their library of behaviors and custom triggers for you to quickly utilize and customize for even easier control. Beyond that, there may very well be a way to purchase new puppets from Adobe Stock in the future, though that is still just a rumor.
Overall, other new Creative Cloud features include:
- Edit more powerfully with color and light in Premiere Pro CC.
- Create animation and graphics more quickly in After Effects CC.
- Sound even better with Sensei-powered audio workflows.
- Bring art to life faster with Character Animator.
- Add 360 degrees of creativity with improved tools for immersive content.
- Collaborate more easily in Team Projects.
- Get content you need with Adobe Stock.
- Learn panel for new users
The new features announced at NAB are now available with the latest version of Creative Cloud. For more information on pricing, visit www.Adobe.com/CreativeCloud/Plans.html.
Adobe Creative Cloud Empowers Creatives to Thrive in the Video Age
New Release Accelerates Workflows for Color, Graphics, Animation and Audio with Adobe Sensei
SAN JOSE, Calif. — April 3, 2018 — Ahead of the 2018 NAB Show, Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced a major update in Adobe Creative Cloud, giving video professionals new tools to automate and expedite time-consuming production tasks without sacrificing creative control. Available today, the updates include powerful new capabilities for refining color, creating graphics and crafting audio, along with enhanced VR tools, improved collaboration, integration with Adobe Stock and advanced artificial intelligence powered by Adobe Sensei.
With the growing demand for video, the opportunity for content creators has never been greater, but video professionals are faced with new pressure to deliver more work in less time while ensuring content stands out and meets high audience expectations. In addition, creators must optimize for different platforms, ensure accessibility, meet required broadcast standards and deliver numerous versions of content across languages and regions. This tremendous shift in the way video professionals work requires more refined and streamlined workflows to reduce time to production, giving video creators more time to focus on their craft.
“The demands and pace of video content creation are reaching levels we’ve never seen before. The time pressure on video professionals means the need for powerful and efficient creative tools has never been greater,” said Steven Warner, vice president of digital video and audio at Adobe. “Adobe video apps like Premiere Pro and After Effects give them that power which, combined with the services available in Creative Cloud, provides broadcasters, media companies, filmmakers and YouTubers a complete ecosystem to bring their stories to screen faster than ever.”
Ranging from Hollywood to Sundance, feature films to premium television channels, a growing number of industry-leading professional editors are using Adobe Premiere Pro CC to bring their creative visions to life. Projects that premiered this year include The Florida Project, The Square, Only the Brave and 6 Below; indie hits RBG, Clara’s Ghost and Search; and award-winning series MINDHUNTER and Atlanta.
Attendees at this year’s NAB Show can get a closer look at the newly available features and hear from industry experts at the Adobe booth (#SL4010, South Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center) and at over 140 partner booths from April 9–12.
Video and Audio Workflows: Streamlined and Fine-Tuned
New feature highlights include:
- Edit more powerfully with color and light in Premiere Pro CC – Powered by Adobe Sensei, Color Match two shots with one click, applying editable Lumetri adjustments from one clip to another to achieve visual consistency in scenes and across whole projects. Compare shots using the new split-view.
- Create animation and graphics more quickly in After Effects CC – Stacked behaviors and effects in combination with timeline-based animation now make the creative process more visual and intuitive. Apply changes to individual effects across multiple versions of a composition with a single adjustment using new Master Properties. Also, complex motions can be made to any surface mesh with the new Advanced Puppet tool.
- Sound even better with Sensei-powered audio workflows – Automatically adjust soundtrack audio around dialog, whether for a single clip or an entire project, with Sensei-enabled autoducking, now available in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Bring art to life faster with Character Animator – Animate personas more quickly and efficiently with a library of behaviors and custom triggers. Drag layers from the Puppet panel into the Triggers panel to apply and refine existing behaviors or create new ones with intuitive new drop targets.
- Add 360 degrees of creativity with improved tools for immersive content – Adobe Immersive Environment is now available in After Effects CC, simplifying the immersive workflow to move more efficiently through clean-up and effects tasks. New support for the Microsoft Windows Mixed Reality platform offers a wider range of headsets to choose the best tools for the job.
- Collaborate more easily in Team Projects – For the ultimate in project collaboration, real-time presence shows when teammates are online and new badges indicate when a project has been updated.
- Get content you need with Adobe Stock – With direct access to millions of curated HD and 4K videos, select clips for establishing shots, fill in the final gaps in projects or enrich storytelling with visual variety. Add sophistication and polish to video content with professionally designed Motion Graphics templates, including animated titling and lower thirds graphics with editable effects and text.
- Learn panel for new users – Premiere Pro beginners now have a place to start with targeted tutorials that guide them through the foundational steps of video editing. The new Learn panel is just a click away whenever it’s needed.
Pricing and Availability
The new features for Adobe Creative Cloud announced at NAB are now available with the latest version of Creative Cloud. For more information on pricing, visit https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html. Multiple subscription plans for Adobe Stock are available at https://stock.adobe.com/plans.