As announced earlier this week, FUJIFILM/FUJINON will be releasing the new MK series E-mount lenses. Priced for your average DSLR shooter and made with cinema lens quality and function, the MK series will surely be of interest to shooters of every level. We spoke with FUJIFILM/FUJINON’s Director of Sales, Thomas Fletcher, for more on the first lens of the series, the FUJINON MK18-25.
FUJINON MK18-55mm T2.9 – $3,799 – Shipping Next Week
MK50-135mm T2.9 – Price TBD – Ship Date TBD
The Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 Lens in E-Mount is a lightweight cine-style zoom lens for E-mount cameras with a Super 35mm-sized sensor. It features a mechanical design with three independent lens control rings: focus, iris, and zoom. Each ring incorporates a cine-style gear with a 0.8 MOD for interfacing with standard cine -style lens accessories. The focus ring features approximately 200° of rotation, which provides room or precise focus pulls, and the iris is clickless, enabling smooth iris pulls. The lens also incorporates a macro mode for close focusing capabilities.
- T2.9 to T22 aperture with 9 iris blades for attractive bokeh
- The 28.5mm diameter image circle covers the 3-perf super 35 format with a 16:9 aspect ratio
- Industry standard 0.8 film pitch gears for focus, zoom, and iris control
- The gear rings positions for focus, zoom, and iris are located at the same position on both lenses in the MK series, making switching between the two zooms quick as you don’t have to adjust the position of lens accessories
- Both lenses in the MK series have the same weight and length so here is no need to rebalance your camera when you change from one lens to the other
- 200° focus barrel rotation
- No shims are required to adjust the flange focal distance as this lens has a built-in adjustment mechanism
- Macro focus function available
The MK18-55mm T2.9 will begin shipping next week for just $3,799 from FUJINON resellers. For more information check out our interview above, as well as visit www.FUJIFILM.com