The new Redrock Micro bundles will offer gimbal operators plug-and-play support for the MoVI Pro, along with the addition of remote focus, iris, and zoom control.
Torque Lens Control Motor for MoVI Pro
- High torque all-digital motor.
- Lightweight, ultra-compact design ideal for all rigs, especially gimbal, steadicam, mobile or small spaces.
- Powerful and agile enough to drive cinema or still photographic lenses (lens requires appropriate gearing).
- Repeatable, accurate positioning.
- Quiet operation.
- Snap-on drive gear swappable to either side of motor
- Built-in support for 19mm and 15mm iris rods.
- Tool-less mounting and motor positioning.
- Compatible with most third party digital focus systems including Preston, C-motion, Arri, Bartech digital, and others.
- Compatible with other great Redrock accessories for remote focus including dogbone, carbon fiber rails, and flexCables.
The Best Way to Add Lens Control to Your MoVI Pro
Add focus, iris, and/or zoom to your new MoVI Pro with Redrock Torque motors. Ready to go, already proven in thousands of productions, match the MoVI Pro for weight and size, and are the best value available today for professional lens control
Made for MoVI
Torque motors are proven performers in thousands of productions already on Freefly MoVI gimbals, and now they are plug-and-play with the MoVI Pro gimbal motor controller and MoVI controller: just attach Torque motors to your MoVI Pro and reliable accurate lens control is at your fingertips. Pick up a single motor for focus, two for focus + iris/zoom, or three motors for full FIZ control.
Professional Performance in a Lightweight Package
The Torque motor is all about reliable, accurate performance in a compact housing. It has all the features professionals require: high resolution accurate movement, works with cinema or DSLR lenses with standard 0.8 film pitch gearing, and a rugged machined aluminum enclosure built to last. Designed and made in the USA.
For more on Redrock Micro’s new Torque Lens Control for the MoVI Pro see the press release below, and visit Shop.RedrockMicro.com/product/Torque-Motor-For-MoVI-Pro
Freefly MoVI Pro gets Plug-and-Play Focus and Lens Control with new Torque Motor Bundles from Redrock Micro
Torque Motors share MoVI Pro’s design DNA of ultra-light weight, compact size to add focus, iris, and zoom control
Dallas, TX and Hollywood, CA – Redrock Micro, the recognized leader in affordable professional cinema accessories, today announced immediate availability of new Torque Motor bundles for the Freefly MoVI Pro gimbal. The new Motor bundles plug-and-play with the MoVI Pro and offer incredible performance and value for gimbal operators wanting to add remote focus, iris, and/or zoom control.
The Best way to add Remote Focus, Iris, and Zoom control to your MoVI Pro
The new Freefly MoVI Pro features many advancements for professional gimbals, including an integrated motor controller. The Redrock Torque Motors plug directly in to the MoVI Pro for precise focus, iris, and/or zoom control on any cinema or still photo (with proper gearing) lens.
“Gimbals like the MoVI Pro are increasingly accepted in today’s productions,” said James Hurd, Chief Revolutionist for Redrock Micro. “The Torque Motors make this great gimbal even better by adding precise and reliable lens control that is perfectly matched to the MoVI Pro in every way.”
Ty Evans is arguably the most influential director/cinematographer in the extreme sports world, and is known for his cult skateboarding films “Yeah Right”, “Pretty Sweet” & “We Are Blood.” He has been using the MoVI Pro and Torque Motors on recent projects.
“Loving the new MoVI Pro and [Redrock] Torque Motors,” said Ty. “Simple plug and play integration works flawlessly between the Motors and MoVI Controller. Lightweight and powerful in a small streamlined package: This is hands down the best set up.”
The ideal companion for the Freefly MoVI Pro
- Plug and play – Torque Motors are ready to go, already proven in thousands of MoVI productions worldwide.
- Professional performance – Precise and reliable control that matches MoVI Pro’s production pedigree
- Same design DNA – Shares MoVI Pro’s relentless focus on light weight and ultra compact design for longer run times and easier handling
- Incredible value – at $695 per channel, nothing comes close.
Pricing and Availability
Torque Motor MoVI Pro Bundles are available immediately. List price is an incredible $695 per Motor. Two bundles are available: a 1 Motor kit (focus) and a 3 Motor kit (focus, iris, and zoom). The Motors come standalone, and plug into the MoVI Pro’s motor control board and Freefly-supplied motor cables. Torque Motors for MoVI Pro can be purchased directly from Redrock at shop.redrockmicro.com or from any of Redrock Micro’s worldwide authorized resellers.
Redrock Micro revolutionized independent film production in the early 2000s with the M2 cinema lens adapter, and reinvented digital filmmaking in 2008 with HDSLR cinema rigs and accessories. Today, Redrock Micro continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning digital cinema rigs and accessories, DSLR rigs, depth-of-field adapters, stabilization and support gear, sophisticated focus controllers, and advanced cinema accessories. More information is available at redrockmicro.com.