It’s a Full Res Recorder, It’s a Monitor and it’s Totally Affordable!
I recently attended the San Francisco SuperMeet 2013, and I’m certainly glad I did. Beyond the great location, great people, great seminars, there was an opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the latest toys of the industry.
One product I’m really excited about is the ATOMOS Ninja-2, which records uncompressed footage via the HDMI on your camera to a harddrive. But that’s not all, you can actually watch the footage live through a monitor which is also a control panel which allows you to record and play back your footage via the touch screen.
More from the ATOMOS website:
- Recording from any HDMI source – DSLRs, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone
- Eliminating the need for capture cards and wasted time logging and capturing by avoiding the lossy, time consuming capture-to-edit process
- Bypassing the image-degrading compression needed to squeeze HD onto in-camera flash storage like P2, SxS, SDHC etc
- Providing limitless and cheap storage through the use of abundant removable 2 ½ inch hard disks
- Including all accessories in one rugged case – Batteries, Chargers, Disk Caddies and a PC/Mac docking station
- Recording to a high quality editing codec at the camera, in the field: simple.