Small HD has released a handy new tool to help protect your 5D Mark III: the Canon 5D MKII Port Protector. Specifically designed for Canon 5D MKII, the Port Protector protects the HDMI port completely. This prevents cables from being hit and prevents them from being pulled out against your will, as it locks the HDMI cable firmly in place.
The Port Protector is super light weight, and is designed specifically for use with SmallHD’s mini-HDMI cable, which comes included. The Protector also doesn’t take up any unescisary space, as it keeps all your other ports as well as your ¼-20 mount free and availible. Finally, it comes complete with a FREE SmallHD mini-HDMI cable.
Here are the specs from Small HD. You can find more on their website at www.smallhd.com
- Patent Pending Design
- Specifically designed for Canon 5D Mark II
- Fast Installation
- Does not require use of 5D’s ¼-20 mounting point (unlike all other protectors)
- Does not block other ports on 5D
- Incredibly light weight < 1oz
- Protects HDMI port from every angle (left, right, up, down, in & out)
- Protects from bumps/knocks on the connector
- Protects from harsh cable tugs
- Locks HDMI cable in place (Keeps monitor from losing signal)
- Designed specifically for use with SmallHD mini-HDMI cable (INCLUDED)
- SmallHD mini-HDMI cable: Compare at $30 from other competitors.
- Not compatible with the 5d MK3
- This product can not be used while using the Canon battery grip.