Redrock Micro has just introduced their new lowBase camera baseplate into their line of camera support products. The lowBase looks to be a fantastic product to not only expand upon your existing Redrock Micro family of gear, but also for those just discovering this versatile and stalwart line.
Built especially for the Canon 1DX, Nikon D4, DSLR Battery Grips and Red Scarlet/Epic, the lowBase turns the camera into a ready-to-go filming rig, with a minimum of fuss or unnecessary height. For those also looking to expand their arsenal of Redrock gear, the lowBase is just as modular as their other pieces, and can be used to mix and match your rig to create your perfect rig. Here are some more exact specs:
- Industry-standard 15mm front rail support for attaching follow focus, mattebox and other camera-front accessories (60mm spacing).
- Industry-standard 15mm rear rail support for adding shoulderpad, external battery and other rig accessories.
- Lift n’ lock repositionable thumbscrews.
- Rubberized pads securely grip and hold the camera body.
- Adjustable 1/4-20 screw for camera mounting to plate.
- Optional rear 3/8-16 for additional camera mounting point for RED Scarlet/ Epic.
- Storage bays on bottom of plate for additional 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 camera screws.
- Available as standalone baseplate or as part of a ready-to-go rig.
In addition to being their usual sturdy and light weight rigs, the lowBase also offers a great economic advantage with its $199 price point. Price aside, it makes a perfect piece for someone wanting to try out Redrock Micro’s line, as well as fitting in perfectly with the rest of their great line of support gear.
You can find more information, as well as purchase the lowBase, at store.redrockmicro.com