The Tiffen Company, maker of Academy Award-Winning image solutions, will demonstrate Version 4 of its multiple award-winning Tiffen Dfx digital filter suite at NAB. Designed to work with industry-standard photo and video editing applications, Tiffen Dfx is the only plug-in package that replicates award-winning Tiffen optical filters, Rosco and Gam gobos and gels.
The new version 4 adds support for OFX, making it compatible with the Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve and Assimilate Scratch solutions, as well as the high-end Nuke visual effects program from The Foundry. Catherine Pantazopoulos, a senior colorist with La Couleur Poétique echoes the value the new OFX support brings to the Blackmagic Davinci Resolve environment, “For unique pictures and textures, I use a combination of DFX filters within Resolve for commercials, television series and features. To create looks of any period – from early photography to sophisticated modern, Tiffen DFX based on the original glass filters gives me and the DOP fast, limitless possibilities at my fingertips.”
In addition to the digital intermediate system support, Tiffen Dfx 4.0 now supports Sony Vegas and Resolve Lite editing suite. The new version also expands on the filter front, adding 12 new visual effects filters, 93 new historical photographic processes, and 30 new motion picture film stocks. User experience enhancements include a dramatic speed increase thanks to GPU acceleration, state-of-the-art floating-point precision for a non-destructive workflow, and vivid Retina display support for Mac.
Tiffen Dfx 4 Features and Highlights Include:
- OFX plug-in support, making Tiffen Dfx compatible with professional digital intermediate programs Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve and Assimilate Scratch, as well as the high-end Nuke visual effects program from The Foundry. The Ofx Standard plug-in also expands NLE support to include Sony Vegas® and DaVinci Resolve Lite.
- 12 new filters – Borders, Cartoon, Colorize Gradient, Detail, Develop, Grunge, Harris Shutter, Pastel, Pearlescent®, Radial Tint, Satin® and Tone Adjust
- 93 historical film processes and 30 motion picture film stocks added as new presets within the popular film stocks filter
- More parameters and tools added to presets – includes new tools for color correction, tint enhancement and gradient control
- Process in 32-bit floating-point precision – ability to selectively access your image’s dynamic range without clipping values in a true non-destructive workflow; improved easier and faster “on board” masking tools for the Dfx still programs (photo plug-in and standalone)
- New edge-aware smoothing algorithm (great for skin smoothing) added to some filters for refined control and application
- New Curve Tool for still programs, designed to control tonal range through RGB and individual red, green and blue curves; adjustable curve points for shadow and highlight control
- Improved Interface – new optimized preview size – images can now be previewed in 4096, 2048 and 1024 pixels; keyboard control added for brushes plus a new look to sliders, buttons and icons; Mac Retina display support
Tiffen Dfx 4 Pricing, Supported Hosts and Availability
Tiffen Dfx 4 supports the newly released Adobe® Creative Cloud 2014.
Tiffen Dfx 4 film/video plug-in is available today for 499.95 USD. One Dfx video plug-in will run in Adobe® After Effects® and Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro® X and Apple Motion 5, and Avid® Editing Systems 64 bit, if installed and activated on the same machine.
Tiffen Dfx 4 photo plug-in is available today for 149.99 USD. One Dfx photo plug-in license will run in Adobe® Photoshop®/Photoshop® Elements, Adobe Lightroom® and Apple® Aperture® if installed and activated on same machine.
The standalone version of Tiffen Dfx 4 is available today for 129.99 USD. This still image workflow is for Jpegs, Tiff and RAW files. It works as an independent software and does not require host software.
The Dfx 4 OFX Pro plug-in is now available at an introductory price of 999.95 USD (regularly 1499.00 USD). One Dfx 4 OFX Pro plug-in will run in Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, Assimilate SCRATCH® and The Foundry’s NUKE software, if installed and activated on same machine.
The Dfx 4 OFX Standard plug-in is now available at an introductory price of 499.95 USD (regularly 599.95 USD). One Dfx 4 OFX Standard plug-in will run in Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Lite and Sony Vegas editing software, if installed and activated on same machine.
- Dual Core Intel or AMD processor
- Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit
- 64 bit Intel processors
- Mac OSX 10.7 and above
For a full list of Tiffen Dfx 4 features and tech specs, along with a free full working 15-day trial, visitwww.tiffensoftware.com/
See the Tiffen DFx 4 Suite at the 2015 NAB Show in Central Hall C6019